Macedonia Baptist Church was first established on November 2, 1890.  The first pastor was Reverend H.Y. Lively.  A formal church house was built on Frank Motley’s farm in 1892 and was moved to “Quit” Murphee’s  farm in 1907.

We have been at our present location since 1945.  Our current pastor is John H. Livaudais, son of former pastor F.L. Livaudais, who was pastor at the church from 1950 until his death in 1973.


Portions of the above were excerpted from the Mesquite News: April 20, 2000